We know how disappointing it is when this event sells out so quickly and how tempting it is to want to secure a resale ticket as soon as possible. It’s an unfortunate reality that fake scammer accounts are becoming more and more prevalent on social media targeting sold out events, even community events like ours.
Online scammers are getting more sophisticated in general and it’s very easy to be taken in if you don’t know what to look for. So here are some quick things to check if someone you don’t know is offering you tickets for sale:
- If someone is offering 4 tickets this is an easy red flag. We had a 2 ticket maximum/person, so no one will have 4 tickets in their name.
- Check their profile. Do they have any friends to show, is the profile pretty sparse and basic, do they seem to have any connection to Alberta, BC or even Canada?
- Ask them to show you a screenshot of their order confirmation showing the right price, the event name and their name on it.
- Ask them to tell you details about the event, how they heard about it, who they know in the community, if they’ve gone before and what it means to them.
- Be patient and ask the ticket team (email@example.com) to check that the person’s name is actually on the guest list.
- If they’re being pushy and deflecting from any of the above requests, trust your gut, do not send them money and report them to the HeARTburn organizers.
Important Information for Ticket Holders!
All tickets will be on a guest list under the name of the purchaser and the name of the guest will need to match the guest list at the door on event night. If you decide to resell your ticket(s), the name on the guest list will not be updated, so please make sure the new ticket holder knows to check in under the original purchaser name. You can still notify the ticket team about the resale and they will mark the ticket as SOLD (but it's okay if you forget).
New for 2024!!! If your plans change and you can no longer attend HeARTburn and want to sell your tickets, you are no longer required to have the transfer or resale approved by HeARTburn Festival Canmore! You are now free to sell the tickets at your own discretion, but please remember that tickets must only be sold at FACE VALUE!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our ticketing team at firstname.lastname@example.org ❤️🔥